For more then 20 years I’ve been a guide for those who are trying to use the internet wisely, efficiently, and painlessly to tell their story and do good work in the world.
When you call or write Websites for Good, you’ll talk to me. I’m Margaret Rode, and I started this company out of a drafty spare bedroom after a “normal” career path through organizations like Apple Computer, Hughes Aircraft, and Worldwide Partners.
It started, like many small businesses, quite by accident. With my web-stuff skillset, I was helping some author friends promote their series of children’s books, which taught kids how big and cool and interesting the world can be. Through them, I met others, then still others, all with a common trait: They all wanted to make the world a better place in their own small (or big) way.
Was it that far-fetched, I wonder, that someone like me could jettison the 9-to-5 and actually build a whole life out of helping good people with the things I know how to do?
Not so far-fetched at all, as it turned out.
Since then, I’ve worked with hundreds of individuals, small businesses, social entrepreneurs, and nonprofit organizations trying to create something good in the world—for the world.
I help small businesses of all kinds that are improving the lives of other people. I help people who’ve left passionless jobs to start doing the work that really calls them…authors, artists, counselors, coaches, healers, and helpers of all kinds. I help nonprofits promote their precious efforts to do things like save the lives of abused kids, resolve conflict, protect the environment, or survive cancer.
(Truth be told, I feel like approximately the most fortunate woman on the planet. It makes it easy to vault out of bed every morning and get to work.) When I’m away from my desk, you’ll find me hiking, volunteering, working in my garden, exploring the world, and hanging out with my husband and dog.
Drop me a line and introduce yourself. I offer a free, no-pressure, no-icky-sales-pitch 30-minute consultation to talk about where you are, where you’d like to be, and all the different creative and frugal ways to get there.
(Plus, I love hearing from folks trying to do good in the world. It absolutely makes my day. Let’s talk!)
From the Blog
- 90-Minute Website(tm) Optional Add-Ons
- Bite-sized Learning Sessions: Empowerment for Busy People
- Book Survey: Storytelling for Small Business
- DIY Website Survival Kit Workshop
- Expert Help in Online Marketing, Small Business Websites, and Social Media Sanity
- Frequently Asked Questions on the 90-Minute Website ™
- How and Where We Work
- How to Get Help in a Pinch
- Let’s Fix That Together
- Make a Payment
- My Account
- On Privacy, Cookies, and Your Data
- Our Clients
- Our Story
- Ready to Work
- Request a 90 Minute Website Consultation
- Resources We Like
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Small Businesses
- Storytelling Articles
- Storytelling for Small Business Resources
- Storytelling for Small Business Workbook
- Storytelling for Small Business: Creating and Growing An Authentic Business Through the Power of Story
- Subscribe and Follow Us
- Test Clean YouTube Embed…
- Test for shopping cart options in Enfold
- TEST Sections
- Test Video Background
- Thank You for Scheduling!
- Thank You for Subscribing!
- Thanks for contacting me.
- Thanks for joining our email community
- Thanks for purchasing a package!
- The 90-Minute Website – Why Settle for a DIY Site?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 1: Who Are We Talking To?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 10: Where the Magic Happens
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 2: What’s in a Name?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 3: The Right Pages to Tell Your Story
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 4: Crafting an Amazingly Effective Home Page
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 5: Why Your “About” Page is Critical
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 6: Describing Your Services, Products, and Other Offerings
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 7: To Blog or Not to Blog?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 8: The Art, Science, and Fun of Visuals
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 9: Your Website’s Capable Framework
- The 90-Minute Website(tm): BONUS LESSONS
- Upcoming Workshops
- Web Site Construction Questionnaire
- Welcome to the 90-Minute Website
- Where Do I Find Images?
- Why Work With Us?