We’re often asked for referrals to other trusted service companies. Below we list a few companies with whom we’ve had terrific experiences, including website hosts, domain name registrars, etc. We’re still growing this section of our site; check back later for more entries. And please always feel free to contact us for more information on any of these services, to suggest additions.
Reliable, Reasonable, Non-Scammy Places to Host Your Website
Our web hosting preferences come from our clients, who tell us whether their host has treated them well, been an exceptionally good value, provided mind-boggling customer service, etc. (We tend to avoid companies that are part of the Endurance International Group as they have been connected with some shady goings-on in the recent past.) Currently we recommend these non-EIG hosts for their positive rating with our peeps:
These guys just bowl us over with their support, friendliness, and features, and so it’s hard to believe they’re reasonably priced too. (This is where we host our own sites.) We’ve never had to wait more than 1 minute for a tech support person to save the day, and we’ve enjoyed great speed, solid security, and free SSL with them for the GrowBig plan and up. Hint: Start with their Web Hosting / Shared Hosting / StartUp or GrowBig plans and move up as you need to.
More information on SiteGround hosting >>
This company has a special place in our hearts because of their location: Ann Arbor, Michigan USA. They get tons of amazing reviews and people tell us the tech support and value they receive are terrific. They have three tiers of accounts, depending really on how many websites you need to host on your account, how much traffic you get, etc. Look for their Shared Hosting, free SSL and free website transfer service to get yourself moved there with no pain & suffering.
More information on A2Hosting >>
Recommended to us by several clients and readers. They’re reasonably priced, with tons of options, free transfer, high-quality US based support, a transparent server status page, and a very fast and reliable network in the world. They’ll also refund your money up to 90 days after you sign up.
More information on InMotion >>
Where to Register a Domain Name
Is it a compliment to say that GoDaddy’s website is no longer insulting to women? At less than $12.99/year for new dot com domains, and surprisingly good customer service, we’re glad we can once again recommend GoDaddy to anyone to register domain names, not just those who like racy pictures.
More about GoDaddy >>
Where to Build an Online Mailing List
A high-powered yet reasonably-priced mailing list service used by over 100,000 clients worldwide. The company offers lots of resources, like free live webinars, how–to guides, video tutorials and a blog constantly updated with marketing news and tips. Good stuff.
More about aWeber >>
A free service for lists of up to 2000 subscribers, MailChimp is very popular for its fully-featured mailing list tools, its wicked sense of humor, and of course, you can’t beat the price.
More about MailChimp >>
Sell Digital Products or Accept Payments Online
A great way to sell digital products like e-books, audio, video, etc. It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. Very low price to use.
More about E-Junkie >>
Another popular digital products retailer. Comes with a really good affiliate program for your products, so your supporters can help you sell.
More about Clickbank >>
Everyone knows PayPal. Still a good deal and still easy to start accepting payments in the blink of an eye.
More about PayPal >>
Please note: In some cases, visiting their site through this page may earn us a small commission, at no additional cost to you. But please be assured that we have vetted and highly recommend all of these services to our friends and clients regardless of that fact.
From the Blog
- 90-Minute Website(tm) Optional Add-Ons
- Bite-sized Learning Sessions: Empowerment for Busy People
- Book Survey: Storytelling for Small Business
- DIY Website Survival Kit Workshop
- Expert Help in Online Marketing, Small Business Websites, and Social Media Sanity
- Frequently Asked Questions on the 90-Minute Website ™
- How and Where We Work
- How to Get Help in a Pinch
- Let’s Fix That Together
- Make a Payment
- My Account
- On Privacy, Cookies, and Your Data
- Our Clients
- Our Story
- Ready to Work
- Request a 90 Minute Website Consultation
- Resources We Like
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Small Businesses
- Storytelling Articles
- Storytelling for Small Business Resources
- Storytelling for Small Business Workbook
- Storytelling for Small Business: Creating and Growing An Authentic Business Through the Power of Story
- Subscribe and Follow Us
- Test Clean YouTube Embed…
- Test for shopping cart options in Enfold
- TEST Sections
- Test Video Background
- Thank You for Scheduling!
- Thank You for Subscribing!
- Thanks for contacting me.
- Thanks for joining our email community
- Thanks for purchasing a package!
- The 90-Minute Website – Why Settle for a DIY Site?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 1: Who Are We Talking To?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 10: Where the Magic Happens
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 2: What’s in a Name?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 3: The Right Pages to Tell Your Story
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 4: Crafting an Amazingly Effective Home Page
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 5: Why Your “About” Page is Critical
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 6: Describing Your Services, Products, and Other Offerings
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 7: To Blog or Not to Blog?
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 8: The Art, Science, and Fun of Visuals
- The 90-Minute Website, Day 9: Your Website’s Capable Framework
- The 90-Minute Website(tm): BONUS LESSONS
- Upcoming Workshops
- Web Site Construction Questionnaire
- Welcome to the 90-Minute Website
- Where Do I Find Images?
- Why Work With Us?