Add video to your website or social media
To say that most websites and social media spaces can benefit from incorporating video is a gross understatement. Not only does it tell a better, more engaging story, there’s an ocean of statistics showing that video keeps peoples’ interest far better than just text-and-photo descriptions of what you do. Among them:
- Viewers retain 95% of your message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when they read it in regular text.
- Videos are shared by people to others in their circles at a rate 1200% higher than they share textual information.
- People stay on websites with video 60% longer than they do on websites with just text and pictures.
If you’ve been reluctant to give video a try—either your own videos or just sharing videos done by others—this stress-free, bite-sized session is for you.
In many websites, embedding videos into your pages is a snap. We’ll talk about “your people” (the people you serve, or want to serve), and we’ll brainstorm the kinds of videos they might find useful and interesting. We’ll jump in and embed a video onto a page, and if you plan to start gathering a collection of videos, we can even set up a YouTube or Vimeo channel together, to give them all a home.
I can’t show you how to make your videos in an hour (that’s an enormous topic) but if you have a modern mobile phone, you can immediately start sharing video content to your website and to the various social media where people currently find you online.
For you to keep:
- The video or recording of our session together, so you can refer back to it anytime
- Quick reference guide covering how to set up a YouTube/Vimeo channel and how to embed video onto websites and common social media channels (PDF)
- Access to my regular clients-only Office Hours online (Zoom) chats to ask questions and get answers
Although not critical, strongly consider making a short video using your mobile device, just for us to have something to experiment with, to make this a true hands-on session. It doesn’t have to be in the least bit impressive — a video of your cat sleeping would do, for example 🙂
Your session is one-on-one via Zoom and is tailored to your unique situation. Questions? Email me any time.
Time: One Hour